Life After the Streak


Well, it's over. It's been over for a week now, I'm just getting around to writing about it. Man, I was good and drunk and having a good time out at the Sportsbar watching the streak reach dub-deuce level against the Kobe's last Sunday. Tuesday rolled around, the game started and I was hoping, thinking...hell, even believing that the Rockets were about to do the impossible. No, not beat the Celtics, but be associated with the greatest number in NBA history "23". And we all know it...but I digress...
The C's straight sonned us from the 3rd quarter on. A trend duplicated by CP3 and his boys the next night in the N.O. Not a good look. Personally speaking, after getting thumped by 20+ in back-to-back games, made our performance against the Runnin' Warriors that more impressive. By the way, I don't care what anybody says, outside of my ROCKETS, Golden St. is my favorite team to watch on tv...they just go, and go, and go...and ask the Kobe's about the possibility of facing them in the first round of the playoffs...
We straight stunk up the joint out in Phoenix until late in the 3rd quarter, but we fought back to make it respectful. Beating the Kings yesterday was necessary...peri-odd! As is beating the T'Wolves tomorrow night. Sunday's game against "Timmay" is H U G E!
Way back when I predicted a 59-23 season. Now I'm willing to accept that my prediction was a bit off, given that we're sitting at 48-23 with 11 to go...but it ain't like we can't win 11 straight...!!!
Oh yeah. 22 wins...22 ROCKETS dancers...coincidence???




and there it is...

Posted byFishbone at 10:57 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds