NBA All-Star 2008 Voting Update


Yesterday, the fan ballots for the 57th NBA All-Star game came in, and *shocker*, Kevin Garnett and Yao Ming are leading the pack. KG, I can see - since signing with the Celtics this year, homeboy has seen his stock RISE. Yao Ming? I won't be ignorant and say that the entire population of China is voting for him, but that's the rumor on the interwebs.

Following behind KG in the East voting was LeBron James and Chris Bosh. Amare Stoudamire was 2nd in the West. Other big names that are in the top 10s for both the East and the West: Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard (will he be in the Dunk Contest this year? He needs to be!), Tracy Mcgrady (hopefully his knees are up for it), Carmelo Anthony, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Allen Iverson, Dwayne Wade, Jason Kidd and Vince Carter.

Why I feel so excited for this season's All-Star Weekend is beyond me - I love the competitions more than the actual game - but I might actually crack a cold one and peep a few quarters. The festivities go down in New Orleans (I'm expecting Lil' Wayne and his cups to be in attendance) on the 17th of February. Expect coverage on HYSMD, ya dig?

Posted bykhal at 9:51 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds